The annual Atlassian Summit is always an exciting time for Tempo. This Summit, the biggest one yet, we had a delegation of 22 Templings from our offices in Reykjavik and Montreal head out to the Mandalay Bay Conference Centre in Las Vegas.
There was a lot going on in the Tempo expo booth: a magician performed tricks for passers-by, there was a big raffle of Apple products, and we had hashtag printers that printed branded photo souvenirs right in the booth!
We also gave out this year’s partner awards:
- Oat Solutions won for emerging partner
- Blended Perspectives won for most engaged partner
- Contegix won for most data center sales
- Valiantys won for most server sales
- cPrime won for most cloud sales
Congratulations to the winning partners!
Meanwhile, Summit featured two general sessions:
1) The Possibility of Teams
Atlassian’s mission is to unleash the potential of every team in the world. And the world of work -- how work gets defined and delivered -- is changing faster than ever before. Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar shared how the agile and collaborative practices that have characterized software teams are now necessary elements for all teams to succeed, especially modern IT teams. Cameron Deatsch and Anu Bharadwaj highlighted the innovation being driven across Atlassian’s Data Center and Cloud products, helping organizations to scale effectively, regardless of deployment preference.
2) Open and the Future of Work
Open work is what Atlassian does. It's in the DNA of their products and they bring it to life through their practices. Megha Narayan, Head of Brand at Atlassian, shared new data on the connection between open work and high-performing teams. And the audience learned how to bring open practices to their teams with the Atlassian Playbook. Mike Cannon-Brookes and Scott Farquhar sat down with Jay Simons for a lively and very open Q&A. Finally, the presenters took a look back at 10 years of Atlassian Summit.
For a comprehensive list of all the talks, see here.
What We Learned at Summit
All of us learned a lot at Summit. Here are a few of the takeaways that our team came away with:
1. The Atlassian ecosystem has a unique atmosphere that makes the Atlassian Summit completely different from other industry events. There is a strong sense of community within the ecosystem that makes the experience more like a big family party than a tech conference.
2. The strong community is also represented in the number of vendors and partners that are a part of the Pledge 1% program. Pledge 1% encourages and challenges individuals and companies to Pledge 1% of equity, profit, product, and/or employee time for their communities. Tempo joined Pledge 1% in 2014 and encourages other Atlassian vendors and partners to participate as well and give back to their communities!
3. Summit is a great place to learn about other add-ons in the ecosystem, both new solutions and well known apps. Being familiar with other solutions helps us support our customers even better. Summit highlights how much there is to be learned and that time is short. To get a chance to learn all you want, you need to be well-prepared and stay organized during the event.
4. Working within an ecosystem requires a lot of communication and collaboration. As convenient as video conferences are, meeting remotely gets taxing after a while. That’s why events such as Summit are an ideal place to meet face to face with not only Atlassians to discuss platform and technical things, but other vendors as well. As it turns out, more often than not, we’re facing similar challenges that are much easier to solve together.
5. We learned from Atlassian the importance of putting meaning into work. Helping people understand the value of their time is key and is something that Tempo should focus on. Hearing the questions of attendees and listening to them describe their needs was also a valuable experience that will go far in our daily work. Summit is a great place to strengthen the Tempo team.
Thank you to everyone who stopped by our booth to learn about Tempo and congratulations to our partner winners and raffle winners!
See you next year!