One of the key benefits of Tempo Planner is how easy it is to go back and reprioritize tasks through the Team backlog. As priorities shift, Planner enables you to shifts with them.
If there’s one thing that Stephen Covey’s 7 Habits of Highly Effective People taught us, it was the Eisenhower Decision Principle which emphasizes the distinction between Urgent and Important tasks.
“What is important is seldom urgent and what is urgent is seldom important.”
Dwight D. Eisenhower
It’s an valuable distinction to keep in mind when planning for your team. The Urgent issues require immediate attention but are frequently the result of insufficient attention to Important tasks. It’s tempting to put the Important tasks on the back-burner but although they may not get the adrenaline pumping they contribute to your long-term mission, values, and goals.
With that in mind we’d like to show you a quick tip on how to plan ahead for recurring tasks using Tempo Planner. You will have issues that need to be addressed on a regular basis and this way you can schedule them ahead of time on a Weekly, bi-weekly, or Monthly basis. Because those scrum meetings just won’t scrum themselves no matter how hard you try.
1. Start by clicking the name of the item you wish to plan as a recurring item over a set period.
2. This will open the Plan Item Sidebar on the right side of your screen.
3. Click the field named "Recurring never" in the section showing the date of the plan item
4. Pick how often you wish for this item to recur (Never, Weekly, Bi-Weekly, or Monthly).
5. Pick and end date for when you wish the periodic recurrence to end and click Apply.
[video width="720" height="450" mp4="http://blog.tempoplugin.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/07/Planner_tipofthemonth_02b.mp4"][/video]
Tempo Planner integrates with JIRA and JIRA Agile to make team, project, and portfolio planning easy and convenient. With flexible drag-and-drop features and other direct on-screen interactions, plans can be handled effortlessly while managing JIRA issues.